Welcome to STEM Studio’s Calendar of Events! We have a variety of programming offered by Bricks 4 Kidz, South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, and other community partners. Take a stroll through the calendar to pick a program that’s best for you!
South Florida Science Center Programs
- GEMS Club (Girls Excelling in Math and Science) – Girls have a bright future in Science and GEMS Club will continue to help them shine! GEMS Club offers the perfect opportunity for young girls to learn and grow as they discover the exciting world of math, science, engineering and technology. Click here for more information.
- Young Maker Workshops – Come learn how to make with your hands! From solar ovens to basic soldering, we will explore how making is both art and science. Click here for more information.
- Afterschool STEM Series- Participants ages 5-14 will learn all about the STEM field with hands-on activities. From creating their own polymer to prototyping sustainable energy sources, our scientists will explore the way science has changed over the years and where is it going next. Click here for more information.
- Afterschool Engineering Challenges – Challenge your friends to design and create using everyday materials. Learn how to build catapults using crafts sticks and rubber bands; how to launch a rocket using straws or paperclips; and even how to use magnets to create motion. Please click here for more information.
- Parents’ Day Out – Have a fun day out with your significant other and leave the kids with us! We’ll eat, play, explore, and take away a lesson learned. Enjoy your afternoon as your children discover that science is more than just lab coats and explosions. Click here for more information.
- Girl Scout Badge Classes– Calling Brownies, Juniors, and Cadets: Register your troop to get badges throughout the year. Different classes offered every month. Cost is $10 per girl. Due to space limitations, there is a max of 25 girls per class. Fill out this registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 561-832-4461. Please call 561-832-2026 for more information.
- CoderDojo – This is an exciting opportunity for kids ages 7-17 to be exposed/learn further how to code and the world of technology. These workshops are FREE, but participants must register. Click here for more information.
- STEM Inventor’s Challenge – The South Florida Science Center is excited to announce the Stile’s Nicholson Foundation STEM Inventor’s Challenge during the 2017-2018 school year. The purpose of this private grant is to engage students from select Jupiter middle schools in STEM content by utilizing emerging technologies to creatively solve difficult problems.
Bricks 4 Kidz Programs
Click here for more information on Bricks 4 Kidz programming.